The M8 is the latest and smallest lighting fixture in ARRI’s highly successful M-Series of HMI lampheads. Like the rest of the M-Series, the M8 is equipped with MAX Technology, a unique, patented and award-winning reflector design that unifies the advantages of a Fresnel and a PAR fixture.
The combination of an open face design and the unrivaled efficiency of the patented MAX reflector makes the M8 exceptionally bright; in fact, the light output produced by its 800w lamp comes close to the output from a 1,200W Fresnel or PAR (with lens). The unit can be focused between 15° and 62° just by turning the focus knob, producing a remarkably even light field and a crisp, clear shadow. By eliminating the need for bulky, easily breakable spread lenses, the M8 will speed up workflows on set.
ARRI’s High Speed ballasts accept the challenge of modern digital high-speed photography with ease. Running lamp frequencies up to 1,200 Hz High Speed ballasts facilitate high quality flicker free images even at frame rates of 1,000 fps and in many cases beyond even with a single discharge daylight source.
Set to High Speed mode, ARRI electronic ballasts supply the lamp with a greatly raised square wave current, allowing worriless shootings for many various application such as SFX, VFX, commercials, sports, industrial applications, automotive component testing, ballistics or material testing.
- Lensless MAX Technology: Easy to use
- Light output comparable to 1,200w fixture
- Smallest lamphead with MAX Technology reflector
- Highly mobile for a wide range of uses
- Focusable between 15° and 60°
- Cross-Cooling allows safe operation even at 90° tilt
- Uses existing accessories from ARRI True Blue D12 and from Chimera
- Compensation for Cable Losses (CCL)
- Uses existing 575 to 1,800w cables
- Suitable for high frame rate images
- Tilt locks to hold heavy accessories stable
- Arri high speed Ballast
- Barn doors
- Spare Bulb